12 oz cooked elbow macaroni
4 Tbsp butter
1 shallot, finely minced
3 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
4 Tbsp flour
1/4 C dry white wine
1 3/4 C milk
1/2 C cream
1 C Fontina cheese, shredded
1/2 C Havarti cheese, shredded
1/2 C white cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese plus 4 Tbsp for topping
1-2 tsp truffle oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 soft bread crumbs
olive oil for drizzling
- Saute shallot in butter for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add flour to pan stir and cook one minute. Whisk in wine until smooth and gradually whisk in milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Whisk in cream.
- Add cheeses to sauce and amount of truffle oil desired, adding one tsp at a time. (If desired divide sauce in half and flavor only one batch with oil). Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir sauce into pasta and place in greased ramekin dishes. Top with bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil or truffle oil.
- Place in 350º oven for about 15 minutes until tops are browned and pasta is bubbly.