2 Tbsp grated lime rind
2 Tbsp tequila
2 tsp sugar
2 Tsp orange juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb tilapia fish fillet
1/4 C mayonaise
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp cilantro, finely minced
2 chipotle chilies, finely minced
1/4 tsp black pepper
corn or flour tortillas
shredded cabbage or lettuce
- Combine lime rind, tequila, sugar, orange juice, salt and pour over fish in a pan. Marinate for at least 2 hours, turning at least once.
- Remove fish from marinade and place on paper towels to soak up the excess moisture.
- Heat oil in pan until medium hot. Cook fish about 4 minutes on each side until no longer pink. Break fish into flakes.
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, chipotle and pepper together in a bowl.
- Warm your choice of tortilla and top with a potion of fish, crema and assorted toppings.