2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C sugar
1/3 C butter, cubed
1/2 C heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 C fresh strawberries, chopped fine
3 Tbsp coarse sugar (optional)
- Mix together dry ingredients. With a pastry blender cut in the butter until mixture is small crumb.
- Whisk cream, egg and vanilla and add to crumb mixture.
- Fold in berries carefully just until blended.
- Drop mixture by large spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar (such as sugar in the raw) if desired.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool.
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 C heavy cream
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to blend. Mix in heavy cream. Chill.
- Serve on Strawberry Shortcake Scones.