Bag of tortilla chips, large flat or bowl style are best
1 15 oz can of cannellini beans, pureed
2 C white cheese blend, such as cheddar and jack
1 lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 tbsp olive oil
Juice and zest of 1 lime
6 scallions, finely sliced
4 roma tomatoes, finely diced
2 C diced avocado
1/2 C chopped cilantro
Pickled jalapeno, salsa verde and hot sauce to serve
- Spread an even layer of chips onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the bean puree and cheese evenly over the chips. Bake at 475º for about 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- In a large skillet saute the shrimp in oil until just pink. Remove and roughly chop. Stir in lime juice and zest. Spread over chips.
- Top the chips with the scallions, tomato, avocado and cilantro. Put back in the oven for 2-3 minutes to heat the toppings. Be careful not to burn the toppings.
- Serve immediately with pickled jalapeno, salsa and hot sauce.