8 C quince, peeled, cored, diced
enough water to cover
juice of 2 lemons
- Cook quince in heavy pot for about an hour or until the fruit is soft when pierced with a fork. Cool slightly.
- Puree fruit, with some of the liquid, in food processor until smooth consistency. Add lemon juice.
- Measure puree by cups back into cooking pot. Add 1/2 C sugar for each cup of puree.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly for about an hour until sauce thickens and most of liquid is evaporated.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees and move pot into oven for about 2 and a half hours.
- Remove from oven. Spread into a 7″ X 11″ glass baking dish. Cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Place about 1 C servings of paste into jars and keep in refrigerator or freezer.