1 C water
2 C sugar
1 C white corn syrup
2 C raw or Spanish peanuts
1/4 tsp salt (if using raw peanuts)
2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
- Butter or spray a rimmed cookie pan. Set by the stove.
- Bring water, sugar and corn syrup to a boil in heavy pan. Boil until it reaches 245 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Add peanuts (salt if using) and stir continually until temperature reaches 300 degrees.
- Add baking soda and cook for about 1-2 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir quickly to combine. Pour immediately onto greased cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Cool and break into pieces. Store in airtight container.