1/4 C Perrier water or other sparking water
1 Tbsp oil or melted butter
1 packet Matzo meal (about 3/4 C)
1 Tbsp fresh minced herbs such as parsley, dill or chives
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
8 C chicken stock
1 C diced celery
1 C sliced carrots
3 large chicken breasts
1/4 C sliced green onion
2 Tbsp fresh dill, minced
2 Tbsp fresh chives, minced
salt and pepper
- Combine sparking water, oil, eggs, Matzo meal, 1 Tbsp herbs and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- In a large stock pot combine stock, celery, carrots and chicken. Simmer for for about 30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and dice. Return chicken to pot.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop Matzo into small balls and drop into hot soup. Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with green onion, dill and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle broth into bowls topping with several Matzo balls.