4 Tbsp butter
1 C sliced leeks
1 C diced yellow onion
2 C potatoes, small dice
2 (14.5 oz) cans vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste
cream, half and half or crème fraîche (optional topping)
2 Tbsp chopped chives or green onion tops (optional topping)
2 sausages, sliced or 2 slices bacon, crumbled (optional topping)
- Saute leeks, onion and potatoes in butter until soft.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer until potatoes are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Cool slightly. Pour into food processor or blender and puree.
- Return to pan. Thin if needed with a little water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat. Add your choice of toppings.