9″ graham cracker crust
1 qt vanilla ice cream
2 C fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 C sugar (divided)
1 tsp cornstarch
zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp vanilla (divided)
1 C cream cheese
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C heavy cream
2 C strawberries or raspberries
- Place about 6 scoops of ice cream into pie shell and another 6 scoops into a bowl. Let thaw in refrigerator while preparing the sauce.
- Warm and thicken the blueberries, 1/4 C sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and 1 tsp vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Spread softened ice cream in shell into a smooth base layer. Cover with the cooled blueberry sauce. Place in freezer until set.
- Spread the remaining ice cream over the blueberry layer. Return to freezer until firm. (About 2 hours)
- Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and 1 tsp vanilla in mixer. Mix at low speed until creamy. Frost over the ice cream pie and return to freezer.
- Slice strawberries and toss with 1/4 C sugar. Use as a garnish over the slices of ice cream pie.