1 1/2 C white bread crumbs
1/2 C milk
Large yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 1/2 lb ground meat (beef, chicken, pork, turkey or combination)
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/4 C fresh basil, minced
- Combine bread and milk in large bowl to soak.
- Saute onion in oil in a small skillet until clear and soft (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1 minute). Remove from heat and cool.
- Add meat, thyme, basil and cooled onion and garlic to bread mixture. Mix gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray meatball grill basket with nonstick cooking spray. Form meat into balls and place in wells of grill basket.
- Place closed grill basket over medium heat on grill. Close grill and cook for 8 minutes. Turn over grill basket and cook an additional 8 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Top with favorite sauce or tomato jam.