1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
2 Tbsp butter
1 leek or 2 shallots thinly sliced
2 C spinach, chopped
1/4 C chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/4 C chopped olives (mix of green and black works well)
4 oz goat, feta or blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 C parmesan cheese, grated
1 C buttermilk, cream or half and half
2 Tbsp fresh herbs (basil, thyme, tarragon or combination of favorites)
salt and pepper to taste
- Spray 9 X 11 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line with puff pastry.
- Saute leeks or shallots in butter until soft. Wilt spinach with onions. Spread over pastry in pan.
- Crumble cheese over vegetables. Sprinkle parmesan over cheese.
- Whisk eggs with milk, add herbs and season with salt and pepper. Pour over cheese and vegetables.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Can be served immediately or cooled and refrigerated overnight. Reheat at 300 degrees or in slices in microwave.