16 oz. pasta (cook per instructions)
4 slices bacon
2 small shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C pine nuts
1 10-12 oz bag fresh spinach
1/2 C goat cheese
1/4 C chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 C small cleaned raw shrimp
- Cook pasta per instructions and drain, reserving some pasta water.
- Cook bacon until crisp in large skillet. Remove bacon to drain on paper towel, reserving 1-2 Tbsp of drippings in pan. Crumble and chop bacon into small mince.
- In skillet cook shallots about 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and saute for another minute, before adding pine nuts, cooking until lightly browned. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Toss skillet mixture with hot pasta, crumbled goat cheese and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wipe out skillet and quickly cook shrimp just until pink. Toss with pasta adding pasta water if needed.