1/2 C buttermilk
1/2 C milk
1 package active yeast (1/4 oz)
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 C melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C sugar
1 cube melted butter
1/3 C sugar and 2 Tbsp cinnamon combined
- Heat milks in saucepan to 100º. Sprinkle in yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar. Let stand until foamy. Whisk in butter, egg and vanilla.
- Whisk flour, salt, 1/4 C sugar into bowl of standing mixer. Add yeast mixture and beat on low until combined. Knead with dough hook, or by hand for about 5 minutes, adding flour if necessary.
- Remove dough. Place in buttered bowl, cover and let rise in warm place until doubled. About an hour.
- Roll the dough into a 14 X 16″ rectangle. Spread with 1 cube of melted butter and sugar and cinnamon mixture. From long side roll into a roll and cut into 12 pieces.
- Place rolls into a greased 9 X 12″ baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled. About an hour.
- Bake at 325º for 30- 40 minutes until golden brown. Cool and glaze.
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 C heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Whisk together all ingredients to smooth consistency thinning if needed with cream. Glaze rolls in pan or separate and glaze on wire rack.