1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
1 small round of brie
1/3 C compote
- Bring puff pastry to room temperature and roll out to a square of about 12-14 inches.
- Place brie onto center of square. Lightly trace around cheese with toothpick or knife, careful not to cut through pastry.
- Remove cheese and fill the circle with the compote. Place cheese round over the compote and bring the pastry up over the cheese. Press to seal.
- Turn cheese over onto an ungreased baking sheet. If desired use scraps to make leaves for top of pastry. Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with crackers.