1 Tbsp sugar or honey
1 pkg active yeast
4 C flour (plus additional for kneading)
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp oil
- Proof yeast with sugar in warm water (115º to 120º) until foamy.
- Combine flour, cheese and salt in large bowl of stand mixer. Add yeast mixture, egg and oil. Mix on low for a minute or two to combine.
- Continuing mixing and adding flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and forms a ball.
- Remove to counter and knead about 5 minutes adding flour as necessary.
- Place in greased bowl. Cover with towel or plastic and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down dough and divide in half. Roll into balls and roll out into rounds to fit pizza pans (about 10-12″). Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Top with preferred toppings and bake at 425º for 10 minutes or until slightly browned at edges.