4 slices bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 C sliced shallots
1 C sliced mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 C chopped greens such as spinach, kale or chard
1 C diced apple or pear
1/2 C dry white wine
1 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, tarragon or parsley
1/4 C fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 1/2 Lb pork tenderloin
1 1/2 C chicken broth
2 Tbsp minced parsley
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- In skillet with bacon drippings cook shallots and mushrooms until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Add greens, fruit, wine and herbs. Add breadcrumbs and bacon crumbles and season with salt.
- Open up tenderloin into rectangle. Fill with stuffing leaving about a half inch border. Roll from long side into log. Truss together with Food Loop or kitchen twine. Season outside of meat with salt and pepper.
- In same skillet brown pork on all sides. Place in baking dish and bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes or until internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- Remove from pan and let rest. Add broth to pan and bring to a boil scraping up browned bits in pan. Reduce slightly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve over sliced pork loin.