8 C fresh apricots
2 C dried figs (Calimyrna or other light color variety)
1 C golden raisins
2 C white wine
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp salt
2-3 C sugar (depending on your taste and tartness of fruit)
- Wash, pit and dice apricots into small dice (1/4 inch size).
- Soak figs in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain and chop into 1/4 dice. Roughly dice raisins.
- Put all fruit, wine, lemon juice, salt and sugar into large, heavy bottom pan. Mix well and simmer for about 45 minutes until fruit is soft and liquid is reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Taste and adjust sugar to a tart, sweet balance.
- Ladle into sterilized 1/2 pint jars and process 10 minutes in a hot water bath. Yield 6 1/2 pint jars.