2 packages of cream cheese, softened (8 oz each)
2 C powdered sugar
1 C sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 C heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sugar
1 angel food cake, cubed
2 qts strawberries, peaches, or raspberries, thickly sliced
4 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp Amaretto liqueur
**whole berries or mint leaves for garnish
- In a large beat blend cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add sour cream, 2 tsp vanilla and almond extract.
- In small bowl whip cream, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until stiff. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Add cake cubes and coat well.
- Thickly slice fruit, then add 4 tbsp sugar and Amaretto. Mix well.
- Layer into tall side trifle bowl starting with layer of fruit, then layer of cake/cream cheese mixture. Continue layering, ending with fruit on top.
- Cover and chill well before serving. Garnish with mint and whole berries.